Tignes and Courchevel, France
The Mini-Gap course offers students the best support and preparation for the Alpine Level 1 Course. The 2 week residential course is divided into a technical preperation week (Tignes) and the BASI Alpine Level 1Assessment week (Courchevel).
The course includes:
- Fully catered chalet accommodation
- Airport transfers
- Lift pass
- Video feedback sessions
- Technical coaching from a BASI coach (1 week)
- BASI Alpine Level 1 Assessment (1 week)
The course does not include:
Click here to download our Information pack.
– 18th Mar 2012 – 31st Mar 2012 (Meribel)
Spaces: 4 – 8 students
To book on to this course please use our online booking system.
If you have any questions or would like one of our coaches to contact you then please fill out the enquiry form below.
Terms and Conditions for the Alpine Level 1
Please read the latest BASI terms and conditions via www.basi.org.uk
Before applying for the Instructor course, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be able to ski confidently, coping with a variety of conditions and have completed at least 16 weeks on snow
- Ski confidently parallel on black runs, being able to make rhythmical turns close to the fall line at a steady pace
- Be able to ski confidently and in control in off-piste conditions
- Have an understanding of Client Care
- Be 16 years of age or older
Students who are unsure whether or not they are at the necessary standard should ask a qualified BASI member for advice or contact us at New Generation.
Although your Level 1 qualification is only the first stage of the BASI system you can actually start your working career. All Level 1′s can work on UK dry / indoor slopes once they have also achieved the following:
1. First Aid Certificate
2. Child Protection Module
3. 35 hours of ski school experience (click here for
New Generation’s Ski School Experience Course)
Please note the above information is the current status but it is always worth checking with BASI as the ball park does tend to move now and again.