I grew up skiing in Australia at Perisher and Thredbo. That’s right… we have snow in Australia!! Having Polish heritage my parents were avid skiers and passed it on to me. After completing university and working in Sydney in IT/Management, I decided to take a gap year or two.
20+ seasons later here I am in the cradle of skiing, St Anton, Austria. I have been a Trainer and Examiner for the APSI (Australian Professional Snowsports Instructors) for last 7 years. I currently work for Vail Resorts in Perisher in the southern hemisphere as a Ski School Supervisor and Resort Trainer. Prior to this northern hemisphere season I have worked in the United States, Japan and China. I look forward to seeing you here in St Anton! Servus!
Something we don’t know about you
I am in a band called The Life Vests but spend a lot of time in the ocean surfing so don’t really need a life vest.
- APSI Alpine Trainer and Examiner APSI Alpine Level 4
- APSI Alpine Advanced Children’s Certification
- APSI Board Member AST2 (Avalanche Skills Training Level 2) – Canada West Mountain School
- New Zealand Mountain Safety Council Avalanche Awareness Level 1
- Applied First Aid CertificateWP
- In-House Freestyle Certificate
Fancy a private lesson with Mikey on your next holiday?