What To Expect in Kids Group Ski Lessons
- Lessons run Monday – Friday (option to start on a Sunday if you’d like)
- Lessons start at 09:00 am for 4.5 hours (during school holidays)
- All our groups are delivered in English
- Children aged 4 – 17 years old
- Groups size 2-8 children
- Our kids’ group ski lessons are suitable for beginners to advanced skiers. Find your kid’s ski level on our level guide.
For the little ones
Our youngest group, Whippersnappers runs for just 2hrs a day during peak weeks, as they tire easily at such a young age. Groups are limited to 6 children, with a helper when there are more than 3. This ensures they get plenty of individual attention. Unsure if they are a little young? Here are our thoughts on when children should start skiing.
Before You Arrive
Seven days before the start of your lesson you will receive an email with all the information you need to be the most prepared for your kids’ group ski lessons. The email will include the meeting point map which you can download and save to your phone. We also share a Google map, that is really easy to use and navigate once you’re in resort. As well as general resort information and a reminder of your lesson details. Then, 24 hours before your lesson starts you will receive an email with the name of your instructor, so you know who to ask for when you arrive at the meeting point.
On the first day
- Arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes early. We have a thorough signing in and out procedure for all our kids’ group lessons.
- You’ll meet your instructor at the meeting point and they will get to know your child by finding out how much experience they have – if any.
- Every child will wear a bib.
- The instructor will check your child has the right lift pass and then scan it on their phone so they have a record of it.
- Pack a snack in their pocket, or give them 6€ / 6CHF for a hot chocolate.
- The instructor will check all the kid’s equipment is in good condition.
- If your child has any medical needs that were not noted at the time of booking, now is the time to tell the instructor.
What will you learn first?
- Firstly the kids will learn how the equipment works and they will have a go at clipping in and out of their skis.
- After that, they will get used the feeling of sliding by playing games in a flat area close to the meeting point.
- Next up is having a go at sliding in a straight line with two skis on.
Sliding & Snowploughs
End Of The Week
After a whole week of lessons, your children will be experienced in using the lifts across the mountain. They will use different lifts to travel around the resort. Depending on the layout of the resort and their level, these could be drag lifts, a chairlift, a T-bar or gondola. The instructor will teach your children how to use them safely with an adult. The instructors know all the fun little tracks through the trees, the fun parks and the best runs for kids.
So by the end of the week, your kids will be desperate to show you around the mountain and share all the fun pistes they have explored! Each child will be given a certificate and a badge at the end of the week to represent their level. They will also be given a passport to document their developments so they know which level to join again next year.